[bookport] Re: rechargable batteries for the bp

  • From: "Grant Hardy" <grant_r_hardy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 14:32:43 -0800

Well, rechargeable batteries will work although you can't connect an adapter
to the bookport.  To enable the sleep timer:
Press the 0 key to enter the Settings keypad.  Press 2 until you hear "Sleep
Timer".  The number of minutes the sleep timer is set to indicates how long
the bookport waits until going to sleep, if no action is performed.  Use the
6 and 4 keys to set this value.  I'd recommend setting it to 60 minutes.
Setting it to 0 turns it off.  Press 0 now to return to reading keypad.  If
it goes to sleep and you're still awake and want it to keep reading just hit
the reading key again.

Good luck and I'd make sure to have an extra pack of batteries at hand and
some good literature loaded.  There's a bunch of books on the Bookport's CD.

Grant