[bookport] power switch (wasRe: Re: TNA UK

  • From: "David Allen" <wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 09:38:19 +1200

Hi Sarah and list:

I have done a number of things with the bp by accident. But unintentionally locking or unlocking it has never been one of them. Depending on circumstances, I carry mine either in a pocket or in the stereo ImaSpeaker. I'm more surprised that I also have never unintentionally deleted any files because I've failed to remember to lock it on some occasions.

I agree that hardware updates would be a real pain. Switches take up size, and where is that to come from? Either it is inside the unit (if there were space) or it will stick out and offer opportunities to be caught on clothing, etc. I hope we don't have to have another discussion of how much power the lock beep uses though that is quite neglegible in the grander scheme of things.

Cheers,
Dave