[bookport] Re: power

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 07:42:58 -0500

Hi Sharron.

I'm glad you like the direction the unit has gone over the last couple
years.  Let me say that I think you will also be pleasantly surprised
with the future of the device.

I have had Book Port serial number 2 for years without any battery
contact problems either, and I doubt there are many people that read
more than I do on the device, but I have seen contacts come in in so
many conditions that I would also be very hesitant to use the springs as
well.

>>> scfinchum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Wednesday, February 01, 2006 10:48:50 PM

Larry,
I have never had any problem with the contacts. My unit was one of the
first
and I couldn't guess how many times the batteries have been changed.
Triple
A batteries are thinner. Rechargeable may be more economical. As I have

mentioned before, there are times when charging batteries is out of the

question. One of the reasons that I think that the spring type of
connection
may be better is because there isn't any question of which direction
the
battery installs. Thin would be nice, but only if the batteries were
easily
obtainable and near the price of current batteries.
Of course, now that I have a Book Port addiction, I have to have my
Book
Port fix every day. The simple reading machine that I found so amazing
three
years ago has become so much more. You and the Book Port staff have my

admiration and appreciation.

Make it a grate one

Sharon