[bookport] Re: power

  • From: "Skip Gore" <8371@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 16:31:19 -0500

Well stated!  I agree!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ed Thurston" <thurston@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 2:44 PM
Subject: [bookport] power

Hello,

I'm replying to this thread  to state the needs of older multi handicapped
bookport users.  Many of us live in nursing homes or retirement centers or
soon will do so.

Let me stress up front that I do not want to cut down the mobility of the
bookport at all! We spend more and more time waiting for transportation
to doctors and appointments or for xrays or other treatments in
hospitals. As you can imagine, hours of time is thus consumed and the
Bookport is our only solace! in passing these boring, empty hours.

However, the point of this message is to point out the need for ac
power to use while we are in our room. When using ac power we aren't
using up expensive batteries or have the need to be changing them which for
some of us could be very difficult.

I just read a suggestion for  having   hard plastic  keys and to have them
mounted flush to the  case.  This would be horrible for  people with
arthritis and limited sense  of touch!  Our fingers would  slide off the
slick keys and those with limited sense  of touch could not even find the
flush mounted keys.

An off on switch could  better  control the   problem of accidentally
turning on the  unit while  in transit.

Any other consideration for assisting the multihandicapped bookport users
would be greatly appreciated!

Ed Thurston