[bookport] Re: possible stability problems with latest software betas

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 10:00:49 -0400

Debbie:

If this continues to occur, you might try disconnecting other USB
devices during the transfer to see if this helps.

Rob Meredith

>>> debbiecrafts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 04/27/05 07:38PM >>>
Hello,
After downloading the latest betas of both the firmware and the
transfer
tool, I attempted to transfer 21 mp3 files to the Bookport.  I was
speeding
these up, so used the transfer software.  After transferring about 16
files,
Bookport transfer reported that it could not initialize the index file
for
each of the other files to be transferred.  When exiting and
relaunching BP
transfer, was informed that the device was not connected.  Unplugging
and
replugging did not help.  Was about to reboot, but decided to try
resetting
the device and that appeared to work, although had to relaunch
Transfer
manually after reconnecting.  Just finished transferring the last five
files
without any further problems, but since I haven't had similar problems
before, thought it was worth a mention.  BTW: had just changed
batteries
before beginning the transfer, so do not think this is the issue.
Debbie Crafts
Framingham, MA
debbiecrafts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: DCrafts