[bookport] Re: possible clue to drobj card problems

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 14:27:31 -0500

Don:

You probably have a hanging ._DD file in the MP3 folder. In other words, =
you have a ._DD file which does not have a corresponding ._IX file. =
Deleting the ._DD file should fix things.

>>> Don.Barrett@xxxxxx 01/01/05 05:25PM >>>
Recently, I have been having problems with the FS memory out of drobj =3D
structures message, while traversing the folders on my card with the =3D
bookport or when trying to read files.

I reformatted the card after copying everything to the hard drive, then =
=3D
copies it back.  I erased some of the files using the bookport to cut =3D
down on the clutter and all seems well so far.

Basically, in the root directory, I have the manual, and six folders one =
=3D
of which is called mp3.  When I examine the contents of the bp with the =
=3D
transfer software, the software says that the mp3 folder is empty and =3D
contains zero files, which is not true.  In other words, the bookport =3D
reports, and I can read many mp3 files, but the transfer software says =3D
that folder is totally empty.  Any ideas on what is going on and how to =
=3D
fix it.  Is there an index file I can delete and have recreated properly =
=3D
so the full folder will be properly recognized by bp transfer?

Don