[bookport] Re: operating system vs firmware.

  • From: "David Bennett" <david382@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 08:15:22 -0600

No. The power really lies in the transfer tool which accomplishes conversions, translations, and navigational capabilities. It back-translates, or one might say untranslates, Braille files. Without the power of the transfer tool, Book Port is pretty much a text reader and MP3 player, period. This isn't quite true, but close enough. Whatever its capabilities are, you can bet that the real work gets done behind the scene by the transfer tool. Again, a simplistic explanation but true enough, functionally speaking.

----- Original Message ----- From: "optus rod" <rodsalzman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>