[bookport] old bookport, repair it or replace it?

  • From: Chris Hill <chill000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 09:14:39 -0600

My bookport is getting up there, and it is definitely having problems.
It locks up and emmits strange beeps and gibberish through the
headphones, but usually responds to a reset.  I think I bought it in
the summer of its first year of production (whenever that was).  The
battery contacts aren't loose and the circuit boards don't appear
cracked.  I'm wondering if I'm heading for a repair or is replacement
a better option?  I'd also like to know when they first came out;
still trying to figure out if I got decent value for money on this
deal.  Unfortunately I'd probably not want to live without it now!