[bookport] oddity inside a folder

  • From: Paul Henrichsen <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 22:53:09 -0700

Hi, Larry and Rob.
Here is what I did. to get these two problems.
I went into a folder in which I had four mp3 audio files, not music.
I listened to the first and erased it. Listened to the second and erased it
as well. I then skipped the third and went to the fourth. The fourth one
interested me more than the third one. I listened to the fourth file and
then erased it.
I could no longer find the third or now only mp3 file. I was told that
there were no more files to read. I tried a reset. Now, I was told that the
file was not properly indexed and could not be read.
No loss as I can download the other file again if I want to listen to it.
However, now, I could not get out of the folder no matter what.
Star zero did nothing. The only way I could get out of the particular
folder and back up to the top level was to press the help key and bring up
the manual then press it again and exit the manual.
Now, I was at the top level with all of the other folders, about four or
five. I tried going back into the particular folder again knowing that it
was probably empty.
I was told that it was, and again, I was unable to use star zero to get out.
Only by bringing up help and exiting it could I get out.
And why did the third file vanish when I skipped it?
Thanks.