[bookport] Re: odd error message popping up!

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 11:21:27 -0400

Ed:

There is NOT anything under USB controlers you should be deleting. The
earlier message was incorrect. The device you are looking for is under
Disk Drives. It is called SD Inc. TTSMP3 Player. You need to connect the
Book Port before looking for it, and I doubt you will find it since you
are having problems. In any case, don't delete anything else.

Rob Meredith

>>> thurston@xxxxxxxxxx 05/13/05 11:08AM >>>
Thanks Walt and all others who have  been helping  me this morning.

I have  formatted the card  several times, reinstalled the software
several
times, connected the cable while launching the program  and so far
nothing
has happened to resolve the issue.

I have a question concerning deleting the  universal serial buss
controlers.

Are there  several  shown in the device manager or is there just one?

In other words is there a seperate one for mp3 players and another one
for
Bookport.  I would be a bit leary to delete a controller without
specipically knowing that it  could not deactivate the bookport.  Of
course
if there  is a controler for the bookport, I would feel safe in
deleting
the  other one.

I'm having enough trouble with this puppy already and don't  want to
mess
up something else.

many thanks!

Ed,