[bookport] Re: (no subject)

  • From: "Aman Singer" <aman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:44:36 -0500

Hi, Brandon.
        The answers to your questions are "not officially" and "I wouldn't".
        The bookport does have a drive letter, yes. That is, it'll show up
in my computer. However, you must use its software to transfer text to the
Bookport, and to transfer MP3s if you want those MP3s to be navigable, as
opposed to simply playable. You can, however, back up, or copy off, things
from the Bookport by using the explorer interface. That is, if you copy a
file to the BP in Windows Explorer, using the BP's drive letter, the file
will not read if it's text and, though MP3 files will play, you won't be
able to move through them. You can, however, copy files back from the BP
(though, again, the BP's own software has a better way of doing this than
with the drive letter in Explorer).
        Secondly, though you can use the BP as a flash reader, I wouldn't,
as the BP only has a USB 1.1 port, not the much faster USB 2.0. It's best if
you get a cheap CF reader which will transfer your files much faster.
        Aman