[bookport] Re: newest version

  • From: "MICHAEL MCCARTY" <mmccarty@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 08:42:02 -0400

Connect the BP to the computer, your transfer software will load, and
you'll get a prompt for updating both the transfer software, and the
BP's firmware.  Just click on "yes" and you're good to go.  Be sure to
have headphones connected to the BP so you can hear things when you
remove the BP from the computer.  If you do things by the book, you
should click the "safely remove devices" icon in your task bar and
"stop" the BP before disconnecting it.

Once the BP is disconnected, you'll hear it begin a count, and when
finished, the BP will give the version number, and you're good to go.
Be careful not to hit any of the BP keys while the update is in
progress.

Michael McCarty
Fred's Head Database Coordinator
American Printing House for the Blind
www.aph.org

>>> blsmass@xxxxxxxx 05/18/05 08:09AM >>>
When I download the new version of the transfer tool, it will be
downloaded to the computer, correct?  Do I use the context menu to do
that and then download the firmware directly to the BP?  Thanks.  Kurt