[bookport] newbie questions

  • From: "Rik James" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 07:43:28 -0700

Hi Bookporters,

I'm only a week or so into learning Bookport and think it is the best =
device
I've obtained in a long while.  Great design, great response, and so far
flawless in all operations as I continue to learn it.    I chuckle at =
the
references some of you have made about having it strapped on all the =
time.
I, too, am so much enjoying it that I'm hard pressed to do anything else =
but
read, read, read!

Last summer I had joined Bookshare and the first book I downloaded was =
the
just submitted "My Life" by Bill Clinton.  But with only the Victor
software, the file size was so big, that I didn't get far at all with
reading it.  Now, I am on it!

I've subscribed to the group to see what I can learn from all of you, =
and it
has been great.  Thanks.

The manual is quite clear and well written, and it has gotten me quickly
into solid use.  But as I don't learn things that quickly until I =
repeatedly
use some features, I am finding I would like to easily refer to a quick
keystroke reference just to remember how to use the Bookport.  I have =
found
that experimenting ain't such a good idea.  I accidentally turned on the
memo recorder and have like five files of me groaning.  <g>

I found the Help key by pressing B key while reading.  I assume this is =
its
purpose.  Is there a particular place where keystrokes are just listed =
by
name and keystroke without having to read all the descriptive text?

I did not yet create folders, though I did read in the manual it said =
that
you should use folders for best operation.  Is this true? And am I doing =
any
harm in just reading for awhile without using them?=20

Thanks.
Richard