[bookport] Re: new user question

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 08:14:12 -0600

Too many books in the root directory just might cause this issue. First of all, you need to put your files in folders. If you have too many files in the Bookport's root directory, you will have a lot of problems. With your BP connected, tab until you hear the word, "Files." The files that are already on your Bookport should be listed. Now. Press enter. Press the applications key, the key on the right next to the control key. Arrow down until you hear, "new folder." Press enter. Name the folder whatever you want. After naming it, press enter again. Point to that folder with your cursor, and press enter on it. Now you can put your txt files, or whatever they are, in that folder. Warning: don't put more than 30 files in said folder. Too many files in a folder will also cause you problems.

If I can help you further, feel free to ask.

At 08:32 AM 11/30/2007 -0500, you wrote:
Hello all:
I just got a bookport and am loving it! A quick question, though. I got a 512 MB card with my unit. I am trying to transfer bookshare files that have already been unpacked. It keeps telling me that it can not create a directory for my files. However, there is plenty of room on the card. Does anyone have any tips? I have already transferred a few files with no problems.
Thanks.
Amber

Sandy Licht
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.