[bookport] new user and problems

  • From: "Dory" <doryfish@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 07:18:00 -0700

My husband successfully transferred the one audible.com book to the bookport. However, he had dozed off while reading and wanted to go back, he apparently pressed the wrong key and said the bookport stopped functioning.

He removed the battery. All of the keys seem to be working; I reset the time since it had defaulted. He left the batteries out long enough for it to dump the book.

He reformatted the flashcard because when he tries to transfer the audible.com title again, it keeps/kept saying file not found. The book does show in audible manager so is there.

I suspect that we have something wrong in telling bookport where to look. We selected audible.com. Then there seems to be something about admin, bin, programs and when audible is selected it seems to go to admin. But then when we hit send, it says it cannot file.

Also, when first connecting to the computer, it asked if we wanted to update. At first, we responded no. However, this morning, he answered yes and thought it had updated. The bookport was connected to the usb at the time he attempted to update. However, the version has not changed; ending with a zero.
dory
doryfish@xxxxxxxxxxx