[bookport] Re: new unit proposal

  • From: "Scott Howell" <n3byy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 07:38:56 -0400

Man I tell you this thread has been very interesting and is two very
distinct camps. I for one think all the ideas as I said are worth
presenting and if APH decides to make an all inclusive device, those who
want it will purchase it, those who don't won't. I don't believe APH
will leave current BP owners behind anytime soon, but I'll also point
out that I don't have one of these Packmates or whatever its called and
unless its small like the BP or not much larger, I wouldn't want to
carry it around. I don't carry my laptop everywhere I go cause its not
practical and just to use it like a calculator or a clock wouldn't make
any sense. Ay you could use your laptop much like a BP without most of
the simple functionallity the BP offers. I believe the BP could offer a
lot and folks should just give it a chance and see what APH ends up
brewing in the backroom. You can bet that whatever it is, everyone will
be plenty impressed. The one thing you can be sure of no matter what
they do in the end is that if they chose to put a dishwasher in the
thing, it would be fully accessible and even put the dishes away in the
correct order based on the user's preference. So what I'm saying is that
regardless of what folks do or don't want, the BP will serve all needs
and serve them well. THe BP has had an outstanding track record despite
some issues and I've never seen where APH has avoided handling any
problems taht arrise so this shows they are committed to supporting and
developing products that work. No one can deny this.

The previous statements were not encouraged, paid for, or beatten out of
me by Larry, Jake, Liz, or anyone else at APH or connected to Blind Cool
Tech. Of course Larry I'll take a couple of beers...grin