[bookport] new problem when launching Book Port Transfer

  • From: Rik James <rixmix2009@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 15:11:43 -0600

I think I may have caused this, but I do not know how to fix it.

When I launch Book Port Transfer, I get a pop up dialog, which repeats.

5
Can't create H\bp_doc.txt.TX
Access is denied

I press the OK button.

then the same dialog pop up repeats, same okay button.

Then BPT launches fine.

But indeed there is not a file listed in the Files list in the program
called bp_doc.txt.

After I close the transfer program, I check my Book Port.
It seems that my Book Port operates okay.
And there is indeed still a file on the unit called bp.doc.txt.

Should I be concerned?
How do I get it back to normal?

Part 2.

I think I may caused this when the following occurred.

There is a folder on my Book Port which is corrupt or something.
it has nothing in it.
I cannot even put anything in it. If I send something to it, BPT works as if
it is sending the file but nothing appears in there.

If I try to enter the folder using my Book Port, my unit freezes up and I
have to do a reboot command using the number 2 and the B key.

When I try to Delete the folder using either the Book Port or the software
Book Port Transfer it will not delete.

With book port transfer the pop up dialog says, "cannot open ...  the system
cannot find the file specified."

Any ideas what I should do?

As I said, I think I may have caused this problem with the inaccessible file
bp_doc.txt file when I was trying to delete the folder.  I just might have
had my focus on that file. But I'm really not sure. I just know that after I
had been attempting to delete the corrupt folder.

I have had this pop up dialog every time I launch the transfer program.

I hope this all makes some sense to someone.  <smile>

Thanks.
Rik