[bookport] Re: new book port Voices

  • From: Doris and Chris <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 09:25:59 -0500

There used to be asoftware synthesizer in the 1990's named "Monologue for Windows" that sounded almost exactly like the Doubletalk chip. "monologue for Widnows" was made by a company named "Firstbyte". i have not seen or heard anything of it recently. I do not know if "monologue for Windows' is still being maintained or developed. I wonder if some such software synth that sounds similar to the Dobletalk could be developed for the new BP and offered asan alternative voice.

I do not know any of the technicalities or licensing involved. It is just a thought since several Synthesizers existed in hardware and software versions.

cheers,

Doris

At 09:09 AM 2/10/2010 -0500, you wrote:
You know, in many of the digital cameras now days you can use either
rechargeable batteries, or regular double A batteries. That way, if your
rechargeables die at a crucial moment you can always whip out the double
A(s) and keep on clicking away at those pictures.

I wonder why something similar can't also be done for the Bookport Plus?

Pamela