[bookport] Re: new book port

  • From: "Gary Wunder" <gwunder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 21:36:43 -0600

I do notice that my ability to listen to the Samantha voice on the Stream has a lot to do with tone. If I listen with earbuds which emphasize base, I find her garbled and difficult to comprehend at higher speeds. If I use a rather tinny set of earbuds, ones which I wouldn't use for music. Samantha sounds much better than if I listen to her with better buds. This, at least for me, raises the possibility that part of the problem with voice may be tone and perhaps alterable by the amplifier which processes the voice. Perhaps the new BP sounds different from the Stream because of this kind of processing. I'll hold judgment on the implementation until I hear it in a live session or in a recording free from crowd noise.

Warmly,

Gary