[bookport] Re: lock beep

  • From: "MICHAEL MCCARTY" <mmccarty@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 08:31:05 -0400

I have noticed that the unit does come on when the buttons are locked.
If you have headphones on, and lock your unit, and press a key, you will
hear the double beeps for the shutdown in your headphones.

Michael McCarty
Fred's Head Database Coordinator
American Printing House for the Blind
www.aph.org

>>> srre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 05/04/05 06:25PM >>>
Hi.  I notice that when, in transit, a key is pushed on my book port
and
the lock beep sounds, ten seconds later the double beep that signifies
the
unit has gone off will sound.
So if I turn off the lock beep option in Book Port's settings, will the

unit still come on if a key is pressed accidentally in transit?  I've
got
my purse arranged to prevent as much jostling as possible, but it would
be
nice to not have the unit come on if somethig gets pushed by accident.
Thanks,
Shannon