[bookport] Re: lithium batteries

  • From: "Jerry Neufeld" <jerry.neufeld@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 22:30:14 -0500

Hi Mike.

While you may do well with your lithium batteries, please do keep us
informed, do not rely in any sense upon the reading from your BookPort as to
remaining battery life. Standard batteries lose life gradually, thus
decreasing the operating voltage progressively as time passes. With Lithium
batteries, the voltage tends to remain quite stable until the very end, at
which time you may have only minutes, perhaps seconds, before the threshhold
drops below the operating limits.

Do let us know, however, how they perform. I suspect you will find, in the
long run, that good quality, alcoline batteries will still be your best bet.

Cheers,

Jerry