[bookport] Re: listening to MP3 files

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 11:10:45 -0400

Donald:

Have you also updated your firmware?  I doubt this is in any way
related to RFB&D.  When you say, "it's garbled," do you mean staticky or
something else?

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> drbowman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 04/11/06 10:58AM >>>
I used to listen to MP3 files on my bookport.  I installed software
from RFBD, so I could listen to their daisy books, and shortly after
that, (a week or so), The bookport stopped playing MP3 files properly.

They sound like garble now.
I've tried deleting the files, and re loading them, and regardless of
the type of MP3 file I transfer to the bookport, it doesn't play
properly.
I'm running the most recent software update;
All other file types play just fine, even the memo files, but not MP3
type files.
any ideas about what could be causing this?

Thank you for your help
Donald R. Bowman