[bookport] Re: life of a cf card

  • From: Bruce Toews <dogriver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 19:27:36 -0500 (CDT)

A 2GB card is or isn't a waste of money, depending on what you want to do with it. More of the "I don't use it, so it's obviously not necessary" mentality that permeates the blindness community.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: dogriver@xxxxxxxx

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005, Chris Hill wrote:

First of all, check to see if the one you had is under warranty.  Many
come with at least a year and some come with lifetime warranties.
Right now, I think buying a 2gb card is a waste of money if you can
get by with something smaller.  I had a 256 go flaky after a year, and
since it was from a brand that is no longer in the business I was out
of luck.

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:40:20 -0400, you wrote:

My 2gb sandisk card is dead, and I want to know what is the usual life of a cf card, and what can I do to make my next one last longer? I've looked on froogle for the best prices for a new one, but I'm scared I'll get the wrong type of 2gb card, so I'm looking for some advice.