[bookport] Re: jump drive

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 12:26:23 -0400

It depends on the material and how you want to read it. If you have MP3
files on the card and you don't care about being able  to navigate
around in those files, you could do that. For instance, music files
would work fine, provided they are MP3's and they don't have any other
extensions.  If it's not music and you want to be able to move around in
the file, then you might be more satisfied with transferring them.
Otherwise, for all other file types, you would do better to have them on
your PC and transfer them, because the software has to filter them.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> tataindi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 04/07/06 11:59AM >>>
If I have a flash card full of files, can I just insert this card in
the bp,
or do I have to transfer these files to the computer and from the
computer
again to the card with the bp connected to the computer?