[bookport] Re: it came yesterday.

  • From: "Rose Combs" <rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 17:41:36 -0700

Husbands are like that, they get a toy and play immediately, and expect us
to wait until they find something to open the box with, or, they put it
someplace wives just can't seem to find.  They may be our best friends,
lovers, strangers, but sometimes especially when it concerns our toys they
can be darn annoying.

When my BP arrived last September my husband picked it up, took it around to
the bike port door, then went out to play in the yard with the dog,, came in
turned on the baseball game, got a Coke, wandered all over the house for a
few minutes, then when he brought the box back around to the living room he
made this production of finding something to open it with, and then stood
there and laughed because I was getting frustrated.

No wonder I screwed up my computer with the transfer software and the USB
cable the same evening--I reset the computer when it told me the device was
not recognized, and when it came back up the computer sat there and sat
there and without asking him to come look, baseball addict that he is, I
pressed enter, and away went all my files as the computer decided I wanted
to recover it to the state it had been in when I bought it.  That was one
time I did really get angry at not having the ability to read the screen at
all times.  Took me two weeks to fix everything, and thank goodness for the
Braille Note because my computer backups of my address lists and planner
files did not restore, turned out I'd saved them on a bad CF card--it is the
only one of several that has ever gone bad.

I was here when the transplanted mPower arrived, and I found a knife to cut
through the tape at least.

Rose Combs
rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx