[bookport] Re: info I don't understand

  • From: Shane Christenson <drummershane@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 17:34:23 -0500

Hi Cathy. The files themselves have no audio. They're just straight text, with markings for pages, paragraphs, sentences, etc, especially if you download the opf files. The double talk is from within bookport itself, so that's how it'll be read to you.

Shane
At 05:24 PM 8/13/2007, you wrote:
Hi:
I am reading that you can down load the daisy files onto the bookport, but I thought they just worked with your computer and the software that we down load from bookshare, so if that is so, do we have to have the software from bookshare on the bookport too get the daisy book to work on it? I just down load the brf files and use the double talk to read me the book. It isn't the best sounding, but I get to read a book I wouldn't be able to if not for the double talk. Isn't the daisy a synthetic voice too?

Cathy and Pilot Dog Deena, and Retired guide, Copper, both golden retrievers,
May I never get too busy in my own affairs that I fail to respond to the
needs of others with kindness and compassion.
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)