[bookport] Re: independant audio control

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 07:56:22 -0400

This is something we have looked extensively into, and there is actually
not much more that we can do.  I agree that it needs to be done though.

>>> n3byy@xxxxxxxxxxxx Wednesday, September 07, 2005 5:59:22 PM >>>
For the APH crew,

Is it possible to consider independant control over the audio for the
synth vs mp3 playback? I only ask as playing some mp3 files I've
noticed
that the volume is a bit to low when trying to play file stats, the
time, etc. I don't know if it could be perhaps a menu item that would
be
set as a racio to the volume level. For example, if the overall volume

is set to lets say 25% of the 100% max level, you'd set this volume so

that the synth would be at least 5 or 10% louder than the overall
volume. This would be mainly useful of course with mp3 playback, but
perhaps it would be even useful for lets say the announcement for
replacing batteries. Not a good example, but it would grab your
attention as its louder than the overall volume. Just a thought, I
recall a tweak in the firmware was to address this, but for some reason

it seems not enough or something. I noticed this mostly when playing
some podcasts and the synth just gets drowned out by the podcast.
Just a thought.

tnx