[bookport] Re: how about these features

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 08:00:20 -0400

Linux is something we have thought about, but we do not have any firm =
plans for it yet.

>>> Kwatson@xxxxxxxxxxx Monday, August 30, 2004 5:54:25 PM >>>
Hello Larry and List,

I am new to the list and have yet to purchase the book port, but=20
it is very high on my next purchase list. There are two things=20
that are holding me back at this point. The first is that there=20
is no support for the Ogg Vorbis format. Well you answered that=20
question with this post. And if it makes a difference to your=20
plans for supporting it, I know at least 5 people who would buy=20
one today if it was supported.

The second concern is the method of accessing the system. I see=20
that you support Windows XP but not Linux. I use Windows at work,=20
but have migrated soly to Linux at the house. Are there any plans=20
to make they system accessible from Linux? BTW, those 5 mentioned=20
above are also hard core linux users, and would very much=20
appreciate such an interface.

Keith

On 08:03 AM, LARRY SKUTCHAN wrote:
> Alarms are in the works, and we are taking a serious look at ogg format.
>=20
>=20
> I was talking to some friends about the BP and here were a few =
thoughts=3D20
> they made. First and I agree completely that support for the ogg=3D20
> (vorbis) format is something to give very serious consideration =
too.=3D20
> First the quality is better than mp3 and the files are smaller...you=3D20=

> listening Larry? <grin>
> Secondly having an alarm  clock feature would be pretty neat and =
would=3D20
> really complement the sleep timer. You know go to sleep with the BP =
and=3D20
> wake up to the BP....hmmmm my wife might not like that.<grin>
>=20
> So what yall think? The vorbis format is high on my list.
>=20
> Scott
>=20
>=20
>=20

--=20
Keith Watson
kwatson@xxxxxxxxxxx=20

Among the major impediments to discovery are not the ignorant
but those with illusions of knowledge.    - B. Alan Wallace