[bookport] Re: how about these features

  • From: Keith Watson <Kwatson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 17:54:25 -0400

Hello Larry and List,

I am new to the list and have yet to purchase the book port, but
it is very high on my next purchase list. There are two things
that are holding me back at this point. The first is that there
is no support for the Ogg Vorbis format. Well you answered that
question with this post. And if it makes a difference to your
plans for supporting it, I know at least 5 people who would buy
one today if it was supported.

The second concern is the method of accessing the system. I see
that you support Windows XP but not Linux. I use Windows at work,
but have migrated soly to Linux at the house. Are there any plans
to make they system accessible from Linux? BTW, those 5 mentioned
above are also hard core linux users, and would very much
appreciate such an interface.

Keith

--
Keith Watson
kwatson@xxxxxxxxxxx

Among the major impediments to discovery are not the ignorant
but those with illusions of knowledge.    - B. Alan Wallace