[bookport] help for a new user

  • From: "Fil" <fil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 00:27:22 -0000

Just got my new Book Port and already come across some issues ...

1  I am assuming, having tried it, I cannot place my CF card in a card reader
and drag and drop, and bP will cope with this?
**Come on APH!

2  I note I have to use the USB cable which comes with the unit and not a
similar cable?  Huh?  I assume either it has a chip or some kind of special
connections inside?  Strange as if I use my existing lead my PC notices
something has been plugged in.

3  I don't seem to be able to find a way in the transfer software to select
directories and drop them on the BP?  NB They are compatible files.
**Come on APH, this is such a fundamental thing to do!  Surely I don't have to
go to the pedestrian way of creating directories on the BP and drag and
dropping individual files?  This will take forever!!!  I have several
directories neatly set-up containing music, text and an audio book.  It'll take
forever having to create directories and moving over each ****ing file!

4  Oh, how to I lock my keypad.

5  Finally, what is the upper limit of CF card that BP will take?

I'm used to using an mp3 player with a SD card which Windows just gets on with
and treats as an external drive.

I usually avoid anything that has "special" associated with it but I was "sold"
BP.  I hope I don't regret it.

As light fades, vision increases
Blind people have vision

I cannot see you,
Cannot see you seeing me,
Equality reigns.

"Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean its not there!"