[bookport] hard disk storage and the Book Port

  • From: eoconnor@xxxxxxx
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 10:06:40 +0100

Hi folks,

I store a lot of mp3 files on my hard disk.  As a result, it's beginning
to fill up quicker than I'd like!

I realise these files are already compressed when compared to wav files.

I'm wondering though, can I save disk space by zipping them in winzip?  Of
course, I know they'd need to be unzipped prior to transfer to the Book
Port,
for on-the-move listening.

At the moment, I'm not familiar with Winzip, as I haven't yet had a need
to use it.

thanks for any advice.

Eamonn

This communication is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may
contain privileged and/or other confidential information.  If you are not the
intended recipient,
or believe that you have received this communication in error, please do not
print, copy,
retransmit, disclose, distribute, disseminate or otherwise use the information.
Also, please indicate to the sender that you have received this email message
in error,
and delete the copy you have received.

For more information on the Office of the Refugee Applications
Commissioner please consult our website at www.orac.ie

MAILsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.