[bookport] Re: future of compactflash cards

  • From: "Walt Smith" <WSmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 08:25:10 -0400

Flash memory and CompactFlash, as such, are not synonymous. Flash memory
includes a number of specific configurations such as MMC, SD, CF, and
several others. The NLS program is still in the developmental stage, so
if they chose to do so, they could go in any direction so far as
hardware is concerned. Moreover, just as with open reel tape and the
3.5-inch floppy I mentioned in my other message, I feel totally
confident in predicting that there will be sources for CompactFlash
cards for as far as anyone can see into the future, especially when a
potential customer places orders in the quantities that NLS would be
doing. I wouldn't worry a bit about this issue with respect to the NLS
program.=20