[bookport] Re: form feeds in text documents

  • From: "Walt Smith" <WSmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:23:29 -0400

No, I wouldn't expect it to, but I thought one of the scenarios under
discussion was a form feed in a Word document transferred to the BP. If
not, I apologize for having stated the obvious.

Also, be aware that with some codes, there isn't a direct ability to
translate from binary value to the code. One place you can really get
bitten by this is in braille translation of the quotation marks used by
Word, since (if you don't modify them manually) they are translated
using their literal ASCII value and don't come out as quotation marks.

Finally, ASCII and ANSI codes are not identical. Are we sufficiently
confused yet?