[bookport] Re: flash cards and pricing

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 09:10:56 -0400

Brand of CompactFlash really doesn't matter very much because in order to
use the term "CompactFlash," the manufacturer must meet certain standards
defined by the CompactFlash Association. The only thing, as I've said
before, to be sure of is that you do not get the kind of card that allows
you to write; but not erase; files. These one-way cards are usually less
expensive than comparably-sized cards that are full read/write. Also, it
doesn't matter about transfer speed, since that's only an issue in cameras.
An excellent source for tracking CF card prices and connecting to vendors
is:

http://www.dealram.com