[bookport] Re: ffmp3 error writing application file

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 14:12:16 -0600

The latest version of the BP's firmware does indeed support 4gig cards. Are you sure you have the latest update?

At 02:49 AM 2/17/2007, Fil wrote:
    FS panic FS error
playing unfiltered files not supported

I have:
* Re-formatted CF.
* Tried different CF.
* Re-installing software.
* _Not_ too many files in route - I learned this 25 years ago as a computer scientist! :-) In fact, what I'm sending is directories (if you prefer folders) with sub-directories and files.
* Tried re-booting and leaving out batteries.

I'm using XP Pro.

Also for some reason BP software doesn't like some of my rtf files!?

The problem seems to happen most commonly with mp3 files. I have a folder called music with sub-folders for each album. So it would be \music\artist\tracks

The problem doesn't seem to happen quite so much with the 2gb CF cards I have.

On this group I've been told that BP officially takes up to 4gb? But I think the UK retailer claimed it officially takes up to 2gb. Which is right?

Is there a remote chance there is something wrong with my CF cards (I have several 4gb) from BP's viewpoint? They are OK in other devices. And yes, I have formatted them in BP more times than I can count.

BP seems to have caused me nothing but problems. When it works, which I think is only on 2 occasions, it is absolutely brilliant!

But more often than not, it doesn't work and causes great frustration!

Oh, is that lovely sounding leather case available in the UK?

Cheers Fil
Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Jeremiah 29:11 - 14 A   .
11 For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13 If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. 14 I will be found by you," says the Lord.