[bookport] Re: features I would like to see

  • From: Megan Kelly <mek55@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 20:36:29 -0500

Since we're talking about wishes...
1. grade 2 in the note-taker
2. the ability to coppy some text from a book you're reading and paste it into a file in the note taker.
thanks, Megan

At 08:00 PM 3/9/2006, you wrote:

1. support for u s b 2.0
2. the ability to just put text files on the card and read them just like
you can now do with audio files even though this would disabled some
features like section marks;
3. the ability to draw power from the PC so the unit can be used as a UMS
device/card reader without worrying about battery life (I use it like a card
reader now but only short term because of the drain);
4. support for .hlp and .chm files.  This would be particularly helpful in
learning PC software instead of having to read the help on the pc and use
the software at the same time;
5. a "text as audio" check box which would allow the BookPort Transfer
software to use sapi 5 compliant voices on the computer to convert text
files to mp3 like text aloud and automatically send the resulting mp3 to the
bookport.

I am done for now; thank God, right? <smile>

Don Barrett