[bookport] Re: feature idea

  • From: "Russ & Valerie" <valruss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 18:54:12 -0400

Bravo. Bring it on!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Bowman-Jones" <mikebowmanjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, 18 June, 2006 18 06
Subject: [bookport] Re: feature idea

Greetings, All.
Why not set the parameters so the user could decide (a) if he did/did not want to use the function: (b) if he/she did want to use it, when it would be used (I would think at the end of a session but not necessarily all sessions; and (c) where on the PC/laptop the information should be stored--My Docs, Desktop,My Computer, etc. For those who proclaim their status by indicating they already have a procesws and it is the problem for us "lazy" types to solve, they can continue to use the multi-step system they are comfortable with and ignore it.

As for other improvements that should be made first, as a brand new user, I cannot speak to that issue. However, particularly as a new user, I think the security of knowing there is a simple way to back up my stuff would be a higher priority than some of the tinkering withh existing functions that may or may not be used by everybody.

Michael Bowman-Jones
----- Original Message ----- From: "Russ & Valerie" <valruss@xxxxxxxxxxx>