[bookport] Re: expand abbreviations

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 14:25:09 -0600 (CST)

I'd love to know why I have so much trouble with typing two o's. <GRIN> One of those mysteries that will haunt me for the rest of my life, no doubt. I know I come across as easily ruffled by this whole issue of progress, and that I come across as taking it very personally. It's just that I sincerely believe in well-thought-out progress, and when it comes to thinking things out well, APH is among the best. I shudder to think that some of that progress could be impeded because people who think a little out of the box and come up with suggestions feel muzzled. I would have no use for games and the like. But maybe the suggestion of that facility will spark someone else's thoughts on the matter and give them an idea which will someday become indispensible to us BP users. How many of today's necessities of life came about that way? We'd probably be surprised. Meanwhile, I'm off to type a double o a hundred times. <GRIN>

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005, Sarah Cranston wrote:

No, Bruce, it has nothing to do with "boks".  <Evil Grin>
I should have been more clear about changing my subject.  I was actually talking about a
certain oft-repeated request for things like games and a spellchecker, "just like
the good old Braille 'n Speak".
Sorry for the confusion, and for once again ruffling your poor feathers.  Life's
hard, isn't it?  <Grin again>

-----Original Message----- From: bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Bruce Toews Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 1:45 PM To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [bookport] Re: expand abbreviations

So how one hears a word when one is *reading* a *book* has nothing to do with boks, huh?

Bruce