[bookport] Re: error message that freezes computer

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 15:45:09 -0500

Hi:

The first thing I would do is update the Book Wizard Reader. Go into the Book
Wizard, and pick "Check For Updates" and see if there's a later version.  That
will probably fix it.  Otherwise, we'll have to figure out what could be in the
XML file that is causing this.  Sometimes, though, updating will fix.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> kkeever9@xxxxxxx 11/07/07 03:32PM >>>

Hi,

When I try to download a few of Tom Clancy's books I get this error message
that says Error parsing XML_TEMPLATE_TEXT:

A semi colon character was expected.

At 35:25
Limited Partnership, S&R Literary, Inc. and this edition was published. This
message completely locks up my whole computer and anything I try will not
unlock it which makes me have to shut down my CPU by pushing the on/off button.
When this happens I hear the transfer program beeping like it is trying to
download the book, but it does not. Does anyone know why this is happening and
what will stop it and fix it? Thanks

Kent