[bookport] Re: electronic bible

  • From: "Mike Justice" <m.d.justice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 18:20:54 -0500

The "Online Bible" has been available free for over 15 years, even  in the
days of DOS (before Windows).  The Windows version of OLB offers a number of
free Bible versions, commentaries, dictionaries, Greek & Hebrew lexicons,
and books that can be downloaded as modules.  There are some copyrighted
Bible versions (such as NIV) available for a small fee.  "Online" is a
misnomer because it is software that runs on your computer without being on
line.  but the title started before the popularity of the Internet, so it
has been continued for name recognition.  It has so many functions that it
can take some time to learn how to get the highest usability, but it has
been tested by the software publisher with both JAWS and Window Eyes for
compatibility.  I have been using the software for over 15 years, and highly
recommend it.

In North America, the source web site is www.onlinebible.net, and they have
a cooperative relationship with www.AnswersInGenesis.org (which supplies
some of their publications as free OLB modules).  Various texts from the
Online Bible can be copied into files that are easily read on the Bookport.

A free source for many translations of the Bible that is truly on line is
www.bibleGateway.com
The header line from that web site is:
BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 50 versions and 35
languages.

Mike justice,
www.MPNHome.net Bible Study, Prayer, Being Blind