[bookport] Re: e: Re: odd error message popping up!

  • From: Ed Thurston <thurston@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 07:10:02 -0400

Hello Sarah!

When I insert the  cable into the port, I heard a click and then a couple
of tones from the computer speakers.

But when I select files with the windows explorer and  try to send them to
the  bookport, I hear a sound like a rassberry.

The  bookport transfer utility tries to  down load all  selected  files but
each one say  that there is a  ISO error and that the file cannot be sent.
It gives me an  ok and after clicking on that, it goes on to the next file.
Night  before last I downloaded a bunch of folders  easily and quickly.
The bizarre thing  last night was that I could not discontinue the program.
 I occasionally got a  close option in the dialogue box telling of the ISO
error, and of course  when clicking on it, just closes the dialogue as  it
did  when  I click on the  OK after it gives its message about the error.
But it would not let   me shut down the program.  So I had to  wade through
many, many  files until it  had  gone through the lot!  Well, I guess I
could  have  gone through the  computer shut down  sequence, but   even I
would have gotten the  error message that  there was a  running program and
have to  control e or something.

I did not know that I was not connected to the  Bookport and was afraid
that I could damage the flash card or the unit itself! Very interesting
evening.

When I  disconnect the  cable from the bookport, it   also gives me a two
tone chime.

I have inspected the  cable connection and it is quite tight.  I considered
  reversing the two  usb connections but they are on the back of the
computer  stuffed  under a table.  Also the two ports are nearly touch and
are surrounded on three sides by other  cabling!  It was a real pill
getting it  inserted in the first place and  feel that it is just as tight
now as  it was then.

I am open to any suggestion you have to offer?  I believe that I saw
someone from  APH talking to another  list member about a problem she was
having, and should I ask her for another cable?

Well, at least I can  now have some time to work on   other  things on the
bookport which don't relate to file management.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Ed,