[bookport] e: Re: need help

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 12:38:31 -0500

Pretty much.  Basically, if it comes from Book share, it has to be unpacked
first.  The only difference is that BRF files you would just be sending the BRF
file, instead of the OPF file.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> dandmbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 01/22/08 12:29PM >>>
Pamela, Does this information pertain to DAISY Files.  I was
trying to download BRF files.  Would the directions be the same?
Thanks.  Donna

unpacking Tool.  Once the book is unpacked successfully, connect
the Book Port and select the file from the Lookin box in the
Transfer program.  The transfer program will show you the correct
file to send.  With Book Share files, there are multiple files,
so you only want to send the OPF file.  You can also point to it
in My computer and choose Book Port from the Send to menu.  Just
don't copy and paste the file and don't send any of the other
files, or else you'll get into trouble.

>Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
>American Printing House For The Blind
>1839 Frankfort Ave.
>Louisville, KY  40206

>PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext.  307

>Hello everyone, I have been trying periodically for a few days to
download books from Bookshare to the Book Port.  I keep getting
an error message.  It's been quite a while since I last
downloaded books from Bookshare to the Book Port successfully.
Could someone send me the steps of how to do it?  I would really
appreciate it.  Thanks.  Donna
>I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13