[bookport] Re: e: Re: Error Message

  • From: "constantine (on laptop)" <tcwood12@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 01:20:40 -0600

I'm not really sure what's so great about using a daisy book; sure, it may have navigation features; however, it stil uses doubletalk and I find using the brf format just as easy. But, I agree- this should be sorted out for those who prefer daisy; I'm curious, what was bigger in terms of that there book? The brf or daisy one?

thanks

Have a good day from Tyler C. Wood!

contact details:

email: tcwood12@xxxxxxx
msn: the_conman283@xxxxxxxxxxx
skype: the_conman283

system details:
Hp pavillion dv5220CA notebook pc
AMD Turion(tm) 64 Mobile Technology ML-37 2.0 GHZ, 1024 mb DDR ram, Fujitsu 100 gb 4500 RPM Hard Drive, connecsant AC-link audio ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thom Gore" <tgore@xxxxxxxx>
From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 16:57:55 -0500
Subject: [bookport] Re: Error Message

MS Word has nothing to do with anything.  You can transfer Daisy
books without it.  I don't have MS Word on my computer.  Since
you
can't download the Daisy file, at least, give the brf file a try.
If
it doesn't work, we'll have more knowledge so we can help you
troubleshoot the problem.

At 03:31 PM 5/10/2008 -0400, you wrote:
I don't think that can be the problem as I do have MS Word on my
computer and all other Book Share books are downloading,
unpacking
and transferring to the Book Port without incident.

Maybe someone else who has a Book Share membership can try to
load
the book and see if you too get an error?
I am trying to download the daisy version.
The book is

The Old Man and the Sea
the link is:

http://www.bookshare.org/web/SingleTitle.html?submittitleid=4105