[bookport] Re: device no longer recongnized after firmware upgrade

  • From: "Mike Arrigo" <n0oxy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 23:21:02 -0500

I just received my book port today, and I'm having the exact same problem.
Originally, the book port was 1.05. I installed the software, and restarted
the computer. I plugged in the book port, and the system asked for the
windows 2000 cd which I supplied, once the drive was installed, I ran the
book port transfer software. It said that a new version of the firm ware was
required in order to transfer files with this version of the transfer
software. The firmware upgrade worked fine, and when I disconnected the book
port, after a moment, I believe it said 1.20 ready or something like that.
ever since then, whenever I connect it, it always shows up as a drive
letter, which has no conflicts, but the software does not see it. I even
connected it to several usb ports with the same result. Nice to know I'm not
the only one having this problem.