[bookport] Re: deleting/renaming files

  • From: "Mike Justice" <m.d.justice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 17:09:45 -0400

Learn by experience. [or maybe I missed the documentation?]

Before I had set Windows Explorer to display hidden files, I attached BP and
renamed some MP3 music files to sort them in the folder.  After using BP to
delete some files that now gave error messages, I connected BP to the
computer to correct some of my errors of not keeping matched sets.  When I
viewed my music folder with BP Transfer, it reported the folder empty, but I
new from actual use that it still had files that would play on BP.  So I
used Windows Explorer to locate and delete any orphaned files that were no
longer complete sets, then BP Transfer properly listed names of files in the
Music folder that had matching files with "._IX" extensions.  Then for
another test, I purposely moved only 1 of 6 "._IX" files from BP, and it
reported the folder empty.  When I restored that file, BP then reported all
6 MP3 files again.  The sorting attempt was fruitless anyway, since Windows
Explorer lists the files in sorted order, but on the BP the files remain in
the order of original placement.

Mike Justice.
www.MPNHome.net