[bookport] Re: creating daisy audio suitable for the bookport with k1000

  • From: "Nolan Crabb" <ncrabb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 19:40:30 -0500

Philip, I guess I'm a little confused.  That has nothing really to do with your
message and everything to do with my ongoing general state of confusion.  :-)

Is not the book you downloaded from Bookshare already a DAISY book?  Please
help me understand why you would need to recreate it in Kurzweil 10 as a DAISY
file.

I've done some DAISY file creation of late in K1000 Version 10, and I've even
done lots of multiple bookmarks on different levels.  But I don't know that
I've ever taken an existing DAISY title and tried to manipulate it in K1000
Version 10.

Unless my experience is wrong, I assume that the Book Port is going to look for
a .opf file rather than the HTML ones, but you probably already know that, and
this message is likely more maddening and frustrating than helpful.  Still, if
you're not inclined to give up on me, I'm willing to do whatever I can to help.

Nolan