[bookport] Re: computer & bookport not speaking

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 08:23:32 -0500

Kaarri:

Remember to have all other USB devices--such as scanners, etc.
disconnected.  You might also try a different port.  When you connected
to your husband's PC did you use the same cable?  If not, it could be
the cable.  At least you know it's not the Book Port itself, so I'm sure
we'll be able to get to the bottom of it.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> kparrish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 11/10/06 03:24AM >>>

HELP!!!!!

    my computer and Bookport aren't speaking to one another, and
neither I
nor my husband have any clue what to do. Everything seemed to be fine
for a
very long time, then suddenly the computer insists the bookport isn't
connected.
    So far I've followed all the instructions in the manual: I've put
in new
batteries, reformatted the flash card, and gone into the
administrative
tools control panel to reset the drive letter. The computer insists
that
there is no bookport attached to it at all, so I can't do anything.
     I've uninstalled and reinstalled the transfer software (and it's
as
updated as it gets, to 2.3.1, I think). Still nothing. My husband's
Mac,
which is one of the ones that also runs Windows, recognizes it fine.
     What do I do now?
Thanks - Kaari Parrish
kparrish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx