[bookport] commands

  • From: "ptorpey" <ptorpey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 13:52:48 -0400

commands

Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2004 3:08 AM
To: bookport digest users
Subject: bookport Digest V1 #5

bookport Digest Sat, 10 Apr 2004        Volume: 01  Issue: 005

In This Issue:
                [bookport] Re: finding our room on flashcard
                [bookport] Re: finding our room on flashcard
                [bookport] considering book port purchase
                [bookport] Supported File Types
                [bookport] Re: considering book port purchase
                [bookport] Re: Supported File Types
                [bookport] suggestion for book port
                [bookport] Re: suggestion for book port
                [bookport] Alarm Feature

From: "Douglas Slotten" <douglas.slotten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bookport] Re: finding our room on flashcard
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 14:09:54 -0400

When in BPT, tab to the help tab.  Turn Jaws on and arrow down until you
hear the cdata on size and space used.

------------------------------

From: "Robert Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 11:59:39 -0700

Thank you so much.
From: "Scott Marshall" <marshall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bookport] considering book port purchase
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 15:53:52 -0400

BlankHello all:

I am considering purchasing either a book port or a book currier. I do
have some questions, however, and hope that people on this list might be
able to help.

* Now that the Book Currier supports audible files, when is it expected
that the book port will support audible?

* Does book port support most current daisy version?

* Beyond contracted braille files, mp3 files, and text files, does book
port support rtf and word files

?

* Does book port offer any features not included in book currier?

I have read the promotional brochures for both devices, and I cannot
seem to find answers to these questions.

Thanks so much for your help.

Scott

-- Type: image/gif
-- File: Blank Bkgrd.gif

------------------------------

From: "Dale Lieser" <drlieser@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [bookport] Supported File Types
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 17:42:00 -0500

Scott:

I found reading the actual User's Manual for the Book Port to be helpful
in answering most questions I had about the unit before I purchased it.
I was sure enough about buying a Book Port that I considered anything I
could learn about it before it was in my hands would prove beneficial on
the glorious day it would arrive.

Yes, the Book Port does support .rtf files.

Dale

------------------------------

From: "Robert Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bookport] Re: considering book port purchase
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 16:07:42 -0700

hi Scott,
i can answer one of your questions.  The Book port will be supporting
audible within this month.
> I am considering purchasing either a book port or a book currier. I do
have
> some questions, however, and hope that people on this list might be
> able
> help.
>
> * Now that the Book Currier supports audible files, when is it
> expected
that
> the book port will support audible?
>
> * Does book port support most current daisy version?
>
> * Beyond contracted braille files, mp3 files, and text files, does
> book
port

------------------------------

From: "Richie Cavallaro" <richcav@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bookport] Re: Supported File Types
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 19:34:29 -0400

and the book port wil support audible files in a coming update and
unlike the courier it support word files and html and daisy files witch
if i am correct the courier does not support.

------------------------------

From: "Richie Cavallaro" <richcav@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bookport] suggestion for book port
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 19:44:55 -0400

Hi all had a suggestion for book port.  What about putting an alarm
feature in to book port.

------------------------------

From: "Dave Cunningham" <dcj638586@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bookport] Re: suggestion for book port
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 20:02:52 -0400

Hello, but wouldn't that require the device to have a speaker of a sort?
Without the speaker you would have to have the headphones in all the
time, then again, if one uses external speakers then I suppose an alarm
would be alright.

 Dave

Dave Cunningham
(412) 257-8153 Voice
(412) 215-4597 Cell
dcj638586@xxxxxxxxxxx
Email used for MSN as well.

Norton Anti-Virus scan's all incoming and outgoing email.

From: "Dale Lieser" <drlieser@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [bookport] Alarm Feature
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 19:35:23 -0500

I think the alarm is supposed to be worked into version 2.  The manual I
first read gave instructions concerning how to use that feature in
conjunction with a particular voice memo, etc.  However, when I tried to
set up an alarm, of course, there were no such commands.  This marks
perhaps the first instance of something being documented before its
actual implementation.<smile>

Dale

End of bookport Digest V1 #5