[bookport] Re: chkdsk g: /f

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 08:23:12 -0400

Peter:

I always recommend answering no to this question. If the data are =
absolutely nowhere else and you need to recover everything you can, say =
yes. But, you would be stuck with a bunch of mostly meaningless files in =
this case, and it wouldn't make the BP work any better.

Rob Meredith

>>> peter.rand@xxxxxxxxxxxx 10/14/04 06:53AM >>>
Rob,=20

I used the command "chkdsk g: /f", and WinXP did clean up some problem =
areas=20
on the CF card.=20

At the end of the process, I was asked something like this:
"Do you want to convert damaged sectors to files: Y/N"=20

I said "no", since I wasn't sure what this function does. What is the=20
difference in selecting "Yes" or "No" to this question? Which response =
do=20
you recommend?=20

Thanks,=20

Peter=20