[bookport] Re: case opening

  • From: "Walt Smith" <ka3lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 15:47:17 -0500

Kent -

Well, unless you're thoroughly familiar with working directly with tiny
circuit and circuit card technology, I wouldn't try doing this yourself--I'd
see if I couldn't find a local technician (possibly an amateur radio
operator who's into building their own equipment) to take on this little
job. Obviously, a BP without a functioning audio jack isn't very useful, but
you could alter the unit from simply damaged to totally destroyed pretty
easily without intending to.

  _____